22 May 2002

Another Recent Reunion Report

I don’t recall why, but when Nigel Palmer joined this community I clicked on his name and discovered to my amazement that he lives just eight miles from me. We have since been in contact by email and telephone and we met up for lunch at 12.30 on Tuesday 21st May 2002 at ""Finz" a rather smart fish restaurant in Salem, a town situated in between our homes in Massachusetts USA.

Salem is the birthplace of the writer Nathaniel Hawthorne and is a beautiful town with a long maritime tradition and is, of course, one-time home to the notorious "Witch Trials" described in the Arthur Miller Novel "The Crucible" and portrayed by Daniel Day Lewis and Winona Ryder in the movie of the same name.

We had a very enjoyable meal and a couple of beers and talked about our times at Peter Symonds. (we overlapped; Nigel Left in 1951 whereas I left in 1957) such a long time ago. We agreed to meet again.

Peter Churchill

1 comment:

  1. Hello Peter, An interesting story about the coincidence of finding another old symondian living quite close by. I had a similar experience here in Northampton England, when, after exchanging emails with a young lady OS after making contact on FriendsReunited I discovered she lived next door but one!   jim  

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.