13 January 2007

photos

As new member of this web site I was puzzled at my inability to download photos. I have contacted MSN Groups Technical Support - here is their reply, possibly not very satisfactory but they are aware.

"Neill, we have received reports from other customers regarding this. The server that hosts your MSN Group is currently undergoing maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties. Our product team is aware of this issue and is working diligently to fix this. Resolving this issue is a top priority. However, we cannot commit to a specific timeframe as to when a solution will be released. We appreciate your patience."

I would like to see the photos as well. I have only one photo taken of me at school, a group shot when I was in the CCF. I will send it to Jim and Mike when I have a moment or two.

Kind regards to all.


7 comments:

  1. Exactly what happens when you try to load the photo?   Does it install the photo install program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what happens, whether signed in or not, is that when I click on General Photos the page comes up fine with all the text and links displayed but the photo areas are just white squares with a red  'x' in the top left hand corner.   Excuse me for asking but what is the 'photo install program'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Smokey, I am following your correspondence with wchair1 and a thought occurs to me. Amongst the advice I have received over the faults in the site [the disappearance of pictures etc], someone said that we shouldn't do anything to alter the site. The thought was that if we did then the chances of getting the originals back would be reduced. What do you think about that? regards,   jim, list manager  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jim   My GUT feeling is DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ... I am sure that the more things are changed, the harder it becomes for MSN to check out the 'sequence' of events and rectify errors ...   Cheers from The Antipodes   Doug Clews (Assistant Manager) Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wchair:  I thought the original message in this discussion was  trying to upload photos to the group, not just view existing ones which none of us can see.   someone said that we shouldn't do anything to alter the site. ~ jim   That person is absolutely correct, kinda . . ..    You should not be doing anything to the existing custom pages or lists and photo albums.   Adding NEW photos or old photos under NEW names, posting of NEW messages and making NEW custom pages with less then 16 characters (in the name of those new custom pages) will not hurt but enhance the group for it's users.  I would leave lists alone though as I have not heard of associated problems with them when they are problematic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps:  I will be sending an private email to the managers shortly.  Let me know if it arrives here.  (My main computer is down for server work for the next day or two)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Smokey, Yes, I got your off-list message. Quite involved isn't it? I could upload it to the list.   jim          

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.